I just found out today where I'm headed...survey says the Philippines! So before I launch into "Life in the Philippines for 200, Alec" I should let you know how I got here from Medical. Last Saturday, cleared Medical. Got an e-mail from Placement on Tuesday asking for an updated resume, transcripts, etc etc. Sent that back an hour later. They sent me my invitation on Wednesday, it showed up today on Friday and bam I'm going to the Philippines!
I'm beyond excited for this Placement. The Philippines are going to be amazing, I actually even know some people there (Shoutout! Marco!). My job title is "teacher of English Language Fluency" which is a field I'm extremely comfortable in. I leave August 19th for orientation and staging, and I will be in three months of training before starting my actual on-site job on November 12. Two years later to the day is my end of service.
Now I will start wading through the pack of paperwork they sent me and start getting ready for the Philippines. Hopefully, I'll be able to get in touch with other future volunteers heading to the Philippines on August 19th, and volunteers already over there! I'll post again as I find out new information and as I move towards August 19th.
Hey Andrew, my name is Tracy and I just accepted my invitation to be an English Teacher in the Philippines starting on the 19th as well. I look forward to meeting you at orientation!
ReplyDeleteI will also be in the Philippines teaching English starting the same date! Can't wait for this adventure :)
ReplyDeleteHey! I'll be heading out there the 19th as well, doing coastal resource mgt, this is going to be awesome!
ReplyDeleteSee you all at staging...
Hey ya'll! Glad to see you found my blog! Big reason I made it was to get in touch. Can't wait to meet everyone in California! Drop me a link to your blog if you have one, or look me up on facebook! accain@ufl.edu
ReplyDeleteOne more English Language Fluency volunteer in batch 269, checking in!
ReplyDeleteMark Fullmer
http://markfullmer.com/peace-corps-blog