Wednesday February 2, 2011
6:45 - Thank you PCMO (Peace Corps Medical Officer) for your mass text at 645 am. I'm pretty sure depriving PCVs of our sleep isn't good for our health.
7:11 - Scrambled eggs, bacon, and rice. Solid if unspectacular.
7:29 - Can't find my socks today. Packing wreaks havoc on my already impaired organizational skills.
7:42 - Porch guy walked with me as far as the market today. This is a first. Our conversation topics:
-How I speak Illongo
-How long I've been here
-Where I'm going right now
-What I do here
-What Peace Corps is
All in the native dialect! Great start to the day.
8:08 - My 740 class (Section 6) seems more confused about my directions than excited about silly bands. Hmm...
9:46 - Was just offered the same snack exactly four times in three minutes. No. I do not want it I jad breakfast only 2 hours ago. Busog na!! (Still full!!)
9:56 - Just given it (the snack) whether I like it or not. Sigh.
11:13 - Just finished "Collapse". It pretty much rocked my world.
11:14 - Beans, chicken, and rice. And more gift LUMPIA! Wooo!
12:12 - Monthly call-in with my RM (Regional Manager) Lynn. She's awesome I love her. Just sayin yes I'm alive, no I don't have any problems at site right now.
12:50 - My co-teacher went to the SM Mall to get her broken glasses fixed. Might have to fly solo for the 100 class. And there's the bell, just rang.
1:07 - Start the ritualistic "Good afternoon, Sir Andrew" change, explain where the co-teacher is in the local dialect, and launch into lesson. Result? Undivided attention, plus the fact there are silly bands involved today.
2:50 - Students wanted "consolation prize" silly bands. Second place hearts are breaking.
3:42 - Section 7, usually pretty rowdy, is workin diligently towards these silly bands. Did I say silly bands? I meant essays.
4:16 - Three star math students from the 4th year are studyin trigonometry at my host fam's house for the quizbowl thing tomorrow. I'm useless at math but I will partake in the meryenda...
7:20 - More beans, chicken and rice. I really like it actually, I rarely get beans. So I'll gorge myself to make a point how much I like it.
7:37 - I look forward to the day when I don't have to eat more or less than my fill just to emphasize my tastes. Just telling Filipinos what you do or do not like rarely works. 4th helping...
8:31 - **Fair warning, this will be graphic, if you don't like poo...skip on ahead** The #1 problem with gorging yourself is the #2 later. I'm now enjoying the constipation-LBM (loose bowel movement, locally) 1-2 punch. My stomach cramps heavily so I know LBM is coming but before that I must painfully squeeze all the pebbles out of the way. Then the Three Waters Dam breaks covering the whole valley in mud. Hooray Peace Corps! =)
9:30 - Internet's out so I'll get up early to post tomorrow. My apologies!
No comments:
Post a Comment