Balut
"Baluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. Balut Balut Balut Balut Baluuuuuuuuuut!" Any given night, any given city in the Philippines there'll be guys shoutin this out whilst peddling on bicycle balut stands. Balut, if you don't know, is a food found throughout Southeast Asia but is particularly popular here in the Philippines. Balut is a fertilized egg embryo that's nearly developed and then hard-boiled. Not for vegetarians. This past weekend I had it for the first time, to be blunt an unavoidable occurrence. The juice inside was disgusting, the rest of it just tasted like a hard boiled egg. I bet some hot sauce would've made the juice part...palatable.
Pork Sisig
This is one of my favorite dishes, I eat it frequently. It's served sizzling hot on an incredibly hot plate. Usually there's a raw egg in the middle that you immediately stir and spread along and throughout the Sisig and it fries before your eyes. The Sisig is actually small bits of pork, peppers, and other seasonings. Mixed with rice as well, of course. I love to eat Sisig it's a great dish. However, the bits of pork are actually from the pig's face and liver. Usually the face parts are the pig's jowls. Maybe not so appetizing once you hear about what it is but it is delicious.
Dinuguan
This dish is a stew of blood and meat (typically stomach, intestines, ears, heart and snout) simmered in a rich, spicy dark gravy of pig blood, garlic, chili, and vinegar. I have not to this point eaten Dinuguan, we'll see about this one. I have a feeling of inevitability the same as balut.
ari ka gali sa bacolod? ginapangabay ko nga ginaenjoy mo imo nga tener diri...
ReplyDeleteif you want cheap books to read, best place would be in Booksale (SM, Robinsons, Gaisano)...
also ari ini nga site basi maluyagan mo kay parte siya sa isa ka pamilya nga Canadian nga ga-istar diri sa Bacolod...
beattiegang.blogspot.com