BOHOL
Absolutely beautiful. If you come here we will visit there.
IN SERVICE TRAINING/PROJECT DESIGN MANAGEMENT (IST/PDM CONFERENCE)
A conference on how to create and manage volunteer projects.
NEGROS OCCIDENTAL MOBILE EDUCATION TRAINING (NOMET)
2 weeks, 3 cities, 4 trainings, 26 PCV's, 1918 teachers trained.
SUMMER BREAK
Hot and dry. But I transferred to a new house...
NEW HOUSE
...Two stories, across the street from my school. Pet kitten pending.
NEW SCHOOL YEAR
Excited to see my students. Teaching 1st and 2nd year.
So there you have it. Obviously it's been much more than just those minimal descriptions but I promise to share more now that I'm back on my regular school schedule!
Halong!
I am a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer who served in Negros Oriental 26 years ago. I am enjoying reading the blogs of currents volunteers servings in the Central Philippines. I served my 27 months in a small community at the southern tips of Negros Oriental in the Municipality of Siaton. It is a beautiful community. I have returned to my site 6 times since I left in 1985 and I am super happy to report my community has really prospered. You may wonder why I have become a balicbayan, it is because I did marry a beautiful Siatonin 4 months after I closed service. My wife and I currently reside in Milwaukee, WI, but we are in constant communication with family and friends via facebook and skype. I never worried that I still can not truly speak the language and this is after being married 25 years to a Filipina.
ReplyDeleteToday, just remember that the Philippines are becoming the number 1 outsourcing country in the world for customer service reps and they need to be speaking English. Over your 2 years, you will pick up enough of the language that most of your community members will be impressed.
Even though I did not work for education, the central high school during my last week through me the biggest despidida party that you could ever imagined.
My name is Bob Dugan and I hope you do not mind that I posted a comment on your blog.